Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 7: My natal chart

I'm not super into astrology-- basically because I think that unless you go really deep it's too general to be of real use-- but I was interested in seeing my natal chart after watching this video on Youtube.

I used this website to get my chart. I found it through Google. The first time I generated my chart I couldn't remember the exact time I was born, so I just did the generic "12pm" time stamp. My results were:

Sun: Pisces (6 degrees)
Moon: Gemini (20 degrees)
Rising: Gemini (11 degrees)

I wasn't entirely happy with this-- Gemini in rising didn't seem to fit me at all, except for maybe one or two things. I know astrology is normally very vague/general anyway, but when you don't fit what the thing says your sign means except in maybe one instance, then...what do you do? (On a side note, I've always wondered if there were people out there who didn't think they fit their sun sign in any way. I feel like I'm a very typical Pisces, but what if I wasn't any of the things that Pisces people are supposed to be? Anyway.) I went away slightly pissed off...but still wondered what would happen if I put in the correct time.

Luckily my mother remembers exactly what time I was born. So I put that in, and my results are almost radically different. Yay!

Sun: Pisces (6 degrees)
Moon: Gemini (23 degrees)
Rising: Virgo (4 degrees)

I like this result much better. My rising sign being Virgo makes SO much more sense to me than when it was Gemini.
Compare:

Gemini in rising:
Extremely active by nature, you like to get around, meet people and do different things. Very restless, you just can't seem to stay put. You need to be involved in several projects at once in order to keep your mind stimulated. You like to read books and to write letters and to talk -- constantly. Seemingly ageless, you will always appear to be much younger than you really are. Very adaptable and inquisitive, you are always open to new ideas and experiences. A "jack-of-all-trades", you are lively and versatile. Because of the high nervous tension that you always seem to have, athletic activity would be a good way for you to burn off energy. But be careful of a tendency to experience things only superficially -- try to dig in and absorb things at a deeper level.
Virgo in rising:
You tend to be very shy and not very self-assertive. You are supercritical about how you appear to others. Even though you may think you are uninteresting and dull, you are actually quite soft- spoken, orderly, neat and very likable. You are a perfectionist with high standards, and at times you can be quite tactless in pointing out the faults of others. Very practical, efficient and purposeful, your appearance and bearing reflect your need to appear graceful, sensible and reserved. You have a crisp, no-nonsense approach to dealing with others. Never lazy or self-indulgent, you tend to be dedicated to the work ethic.
Basically completely different, right? Apparently inputting an exact birth time is pretty important!

I'm still not entirely sure how to interpret my chart properly, however. I know rising is how I present myself to others, sun is...inner personality? But what's moon? And what do the other signs mean, like my Mars sign or whatever? I'll need to find a good book or two to decode this stuff and see if I can apply it to anything in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment